1) We make sure every rental is returned that should be returned. Since we know we're back for more episodes now we don't need to take everything back, just return rentals that aren't for permanent sets.
2) It's crucial that we make sure we have good pictures of every single area from every single episode. Everything is accounted for with both a good reference picture and a well organized paper trail. When we need to re-create sets or refer to a look from a previous episode next season it will be right at our fingertips. Also, I'm just a organizational freak like that.
3) We start to prep ourselves for next season by deciding what items, if any, could be replaced or which area might get a little makeover when we come back. After all, nobody's home or office stays EXACTLY the same year after year does it? Plan now so it can be the first thing everyone hits upon return. ...Before any new sets hit our desks.
4) Certainly not the most fun part, but we have to finalize all of our rental paperwork with our vendors. Lots of people to contact. Lots of pieces of paper are on my desk right now people....lots...and lots.
5) Protecting the goods. Everything gets covered up and protected from dust, locked up, sealed up...it's Fort Knox around here.
It looks so lonely in there doesn't it? The sharp, mysterious and magical OPA office feels kinda broke down and busted, out of business right now. No? Ok...I couldn't resist, but it sure seems like the building landlord is fumigating or painting or something. Just sayin'.
Now, the part that's probably the most fun - we spend a lot of time trying to be fortune tellers. Everyone is busy guessing what might be coming from Shonda and those writers upstairs for next season. That brings on a lot of dreaming about a new set for this character. Or it makes us decide we need to keep all the pieces for that character just in case our premonitions come true. If there's one thing you've learned along with us this season - it's you never know what happens next in Shondaland and nothing is as it seems! Hhmm...that's 2 things. Anyway...
That's all the big stuff. I'm sure there are some little details I'm leaving out - like cleaning the fridge in our office or something like that. Blocked that out. Whatev's. (That's me channeling my 15 yr old) Hey, the most important part - we're all set to hop on the coaster for another ride in Season 3!
So go forth my little decorating Rice Krispie treats and have a little summer free time with us. If you get the time to Pope your place out over break tweet at me! But rest your brain. Cause when we come back - the coaster runs again. Pull your safety bars down and hands up in the air everybody.
PS - Look for some good BTS stuff, a look at the OPA offices, the Oval and more on the blog and the Twitter over the summer (after vacay)...I'll try to keep you in the loop once we start back up.